Custom Search

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 41

133.5 lbs. I even had an extra melba toast yesterday! That's the extent of my cheating.

Started researching phase 2 and 3. Phase 2 seems pretty straight forward with just the 500 calories and no injections.

I read in phase 3 that I should keep a journal of what I eat and how it effects me. If I gain, I should determine which food was the culprit. Conceivably, I should be able to eat pretty much what I want, with exceptions. But, I think it is important to figure out how different foods effect you and avoid the ones that make you gain easily. You can find low calorie ways to fix your favorite foods and be conscious of portion sizes while still enjoying the things you like. So much for digging into those jars of peanuts I have.

Also, I need to explore more about which foods have starch. I'm finding things like nuts have a lot of starch. There was even mention of broccoli having starch. Apparently, broccoli is omitted on Kevin Trudeau's version of the hCG diet because of the starch factor. I've had plenty of the broccoli since being on this diet, but I will pay attention to whether or not I lose anything on a day after broccoli from here on out.

All of these little tidbits are useful to note. I really don't want to gain this weight back. I intend to go another round with the hope that I can get to 115 lbs. That would be pretty thin for me, but I think I would like it immensely. I also intend to be better about my relationship with food. This diet has taught me that I can spice up nearly everything and it will taste great. Eating whole and natural foods instead of processed foods with preservatives makes a lot of sense. It wasn't news to me. I just didn't realize how easy it was to incorporate into my daily life. If I could only get my daughter to buy into this notion. She is the opposite of me and struggles not to lose weight!

I'm guessing that I have 3 days of injections left. Maybe I'll be surprised and stretch it out. Or, maybe I'll take smaller doses to make it last these last five days, not counting the no-injection day. The end is in sight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment