Custom Search

Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 22

142 lbs. Pain has subsided. Now it just feels like I've done 100 sit-ups.

OK, I've talked to some people on the hCG Yahoo Chat today and they really stressed that they weren't qualified to give an opinion. I understand this. I also emailed a friend who works for a fertility clinic about my episode, but I haven't heard back from her yet.

So, I researched ovarian hyperstimulation on my own. It's common in woman taking fertility drugs, which is what hCG is....I knew it sounded familiar when I started all this. Based on the symptoms, I think I had a mild bout since it is subsiding quite well. They say if the pain doesn't go away in a week you should seek medical attention...assuming that you're not able to stand the pain prior to the end of a week! I didn't and don't have any of the other symptoms. With this, I will proceed to the next injection.

When I mix up the last hCG for this round I think I will mix it up with a lower dose than what I was taking. I believe I was taking 175 and the range was 125-200. It might be prudent, at least for me, to drop down to 150. This whole ordeal was a little scary, but I handled it right. Soaking in a tub and ibuprophen, although they said acetamenaphen or Tylenol was recommended. That type just doesn't work well for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment